[Spread-users] questions from a new user

Frank Wang Frank.Wang at tahoetrading.com
Fri Jan 17 10:49:51 EST 2003

Hi,

Just starting to get familiar with Spread and having some general questions,
it is highly appreciated if you would please provide me even partial answers
to your best knowledge:

For each client, do I need to have one spread.exe running at the local? I
have used some other middlewares, which mostly have a central server-like
program to handle messages. The clients can communicate with each other
through this server, but they are not necessarily in the same machines. It
apprears in the documentation that I have to have spread running at the
local for each client and I also failed to run spread in one machine and
spflooder -s 4803 at spreadmahcine while spread is in another machine. Did I
config the local setting wrong or spread has to be running in each machine?

Further questios to come based on the answer to this question.

Thanks a lot

Frank