[Spread-users] Spread daemon -8 and -11 errors

Chetan Gadgil cgadgil_list at cxoindia.dnsalias.com
Wed Dec 24 05:20:38 EST 2003

:)

I guess it's a matter of perspective. In a typical DoS attack, I see the
sender as the culprit.

In practical terms, a sender can always re-send a message if sending
fails in the first place. However, a receiver will not know how many
messages it has missed if it were forced to disconnect. This would be a
redefinition of "reliable" delivery.

The send can be made more expensive. E.g some function of the number of
messages buffered for a given group.

HISTORY, n.
  An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are
brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools.
    - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary