[Spread-users] Aboug BADCLOCK

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Thu Aug 14 03:33:34 EDT 2003

I'm not certain of this, but from a quick examination of the code that
runs if BADCLOCK is defined, and the code that runs otherwise, it
appears that defining this allows Spread to operate without a usable
system clock, to some degree.  Unless you worry that you have problems
with the local clock on one of your machines, I don't think you should
define BADCLOCK.  It appears to use a notion of time that is based on
the number of event handling loops, and is thus a little bit fuzzier
than a normal system clock time.

--Ryan