[Spread-users] Packaging of CVS source as tarball

Daniel Rall dlr at finemaltcoding.com
Wed Sep 18 16:14:47 EDT 2002

The packaging of the CVS source code as a tarball changes the
directory structure enough to create pain for our RPM/Solaris package
creator.  Does a script which turns the CVS layout into the source
tarball package (e.g. like the one downloadable from spread.org)
exist?  If so, can it be made available in the CVS repository?
Otherwise I'm going to have to massage the CVS layout into the old
source tarball layout (probably by writing a script to do just that),
and wouldn't mind avoiding re-inventing this particular wheel.

                             Thanks, Dan