[Spread-users] Call for testing of CVS

Daniel Rall dlr at finemaltcoding.com
Tue Sep 17 18:40:59 EDT 2002

Jonathan Stanton <jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> The cvs version of spread now includes everything that should be in the
> 3.17.0 release which we would like to release within a week. I would
> really appreciate any testing anyone could do on the current cvs version.

I'm game, but require a known tag to get any code pulled directly from
a CVS repository into our testing cycle.  How about a BETA_3_17_0 or
RC1_3_17_0 tag on CVS?

> One thing in particular definitely needs testing. I have applied Theo's
> autoconf patches (with shared libraries!) (everyone cheers, waves and a
> few roll over in their graves...)

Josh Lucas integrated Theo's patch into our distribution and we've
been building the shared libraries for about a week now (Linux and
Solaris).  Haven't noticed any issues so far.

--

Daniel Rall <dlr at finemaltcoding.com>