[Spread-users] A newbie question using spread

vlady vlady at cyber2000.qc.ca
Mon Oct 7 11:13:52 EDT 2002

Hello,
I am a new in "spread" and actually I am trying to run "wackamole", but
I have a problems using "spread". I have two machines (vlady and vlady1)
and as far as I uderstand the spread deamon should run on each machine
in order the application (like wackamole) to be able to comunicate each
other using spread functionality.
 My problem is that when I start "spread" on the first machine (dosen't
matter witch "vlady" or "vlady1") the spread on the second machine is
not able to function properly. I can't really uderstand what hepens. I
think that I am missing somthing fundametial here :-)
Pleas help.

I attach my  spread conf file on  both machines as well as several rows
of the "spmonitor's" output:

Thanks and best regards
Vlady

1. /usr/local/etc/spread.conf:

Spread_Segment  192.168.0.255:4803 {

        vlady1          192.168.0.55
        vlady            192.168.0.10
}

DebugFlags = { PRINT STATUS }
EventLogFile = /var/spredlog.out
EventTimeStamp = "[%a %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S]"
DangerousMonitor = false

And this are several rows of the output of "spmonitor" on the machine
where I first start spread. ( spmonitor -n vlady1):
============================
Status at vlady1 V 3.17. 0 (state 1, gstate 1) after 109 seconds :
Membership  :  1  procs in 1 segments, leader is vlady1
rounds   :     258      tok_hurry :      51     memb change:       1
sent pack:       2      recv pack :       0     retrans    :       0
u retrans:       0      s retrans :       0     b retrans  :       0
My_aru   :       2      Aru       :       2     Highest seq:       2
Sessions :       1      Groups    :       1     Window     :      60
Deliver M:       1      Deliver Pk:       2     Pers Window:      15
Delta Mes:       0      Delta Pack:       0     Delta sec  :      10
==================================

Monitor> Monitor: send status query

============================
Status at vlady V 3.16. 2 (state 5, gstate 1) after 7 seconds :
Membership  :  0  procs in 0 segments, leader is 0
rounds   :       0      tok_hurry :       0     memb change:       0
sent pack:       0      recv pack :       0     retrans    :       0
u retrans:       0      s retrans :       0     b retrans  :       0
My_aru   :       0      Aru       :       0     Highest seq:       0
Sessions :       0      Groups    :       0     Window     :      60
Deliver M:       0      Deliver Pk:       0     Pers Window:      15
Delta Mes:      -1      Delta Pack:      -2     Delta sec  :    -102
==================================

Monitor>
Status at vlady1 V 3.17. 0 (state 4, gstate 1) after 119 seconds :
Membership  :  1  procs in 1 segments, leader is vlady1
rounds   :     263      tok_hurry :      56     memb change:       1
sent pack:       2      recv pack :       0     retrans    :       0
u retrans:       0      s retrans :       0     b retrans  :       0
My_aru   :       2      Aru       :       2     Highest seq:       2
Sessions :       1      Groups    :       1     Window     :      60
Deliver M:       1      Deliver Pk:       2     Pers Window:      15
Delta Mes:       1      Delta Pack:       2     Delta sec  :     112