[Spread-users] 1225

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Mar 5 10:18:03 EST 2002

> I recently started using spread. As my first test I tried to send a
> 100,000 messages in a tight loop to a group. spread server
> consistently closes my connection after 1225 messages.  Anyone know
> a reason for this?

There are two potential issues.

If a receiver isn't reading fast enough, it will be disconnected when
the server finds it has over 1000 messages queued for that particular
connection.  This is a feature.

If a sender sends too much data too fast, a bug in Spread 3.16.1 may
cause the daemon to mistake this condition for a protocol error and
disconnect the sender.  This is fixed in 3.16.2 (which I think is in
CVS but not officially released?).

Search the Jan/Feb list archives for clues.