[Spread-users] Python spreadmodule for windows

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Tue Jul 23 17:02:58 EDT 2002

[Juan Carlos CORUÑA]
> I’m trying to compile the python spreadmodule in Windows, but with no
> success alter many time. I’m trying to use cygwin to compile the module
> and became errors.

You'll have better luck asking about this on

None of the Python spreadmodule developers use Cygwin routinely, so we've
never tried it (it was developed and tested w/ MSVC 6 -- not for any
philosophical reason, just because wrestling with one compiler is bother
enough <wink>).

> Can anybody send me the module compiled for windows?

Tell me which version of Python you're using (like 2.1.3 or 2.2.1) and I'll
send you one (Python extension modules on Windows have to match the
major.minor  release level of the Python you're using).  2.2.1 is
recommended, BTW.

> And, it will be very interesting for me if anybody can tell me the way to
> compile python extensions using cygwin and/or distutils.

Again, bring this up on the Python newsgroup instead, and you should get
some good help quickly.