[Spread-users] Q: packet loss rate?

Fernando Marotta fernando_marotta at yahoo.it
Thu Jul 18 12:04:13 EDT 2002

Hi everybody,

I downloaded a couple of days ago spread, and found it very
interesting.
Just to test its performance I modified slightly the "spflooder"
program, to show the time elapsed from the first to the last message
received (receiving mode).

I'm using spread under Win2K (3.16.2, binary distro).

My "tests" are with one sender and one receiver (and the spread exe)
on the same machine.

I've experienced a high packet loss rate, regardless of the delivery
mode in the SP_send call (I've used all, from UNRELIABLE to SAFE).
But, for instance, when sending 1000 msgs of 100 bytes, no more than
700 msgs are received.

Probably I'm making some mistakes....

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.