[Spread-users] packet loss?

Fernando Marotta F.Marotta at itsoftware.it
Thu Jul 18 12:09:28 EDT 2002

Hi everybody,

I downloaded a couple of days ago spread, and found it very interesting.
Just to test its performance I modified slightly the "spflooder" program, to
show the time elapsed from the first to the last message received (receiving
mode).

I'm using spread under Win2K (3.16.2, binary distro).

My "tests" are with one sender and one receiver (and the spread exe) on the
same machine.

I've experienced a high packet loss rate, regardless of the delivery mode in
the SP_send call (I've used all, from UNRELIABLE to SAFE).
But, for instance, when sending 1000 msgs of 100 bytes, no more than 700
msgs are received.

Probably I'm making some mistakes....

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.