[Spread-users] Newbie Intro

Frank Cole frcole at webtag.net
Mon Feb 4 23:08:50 EST 2002

Hi folks,

	When I joined this list, the rules said to send an intro, so here it is.

My name is Frank and I am a (Secure) Spread junkie.  That wasn't so bad.

Seriously....
	I am a computer scientist at USAF Research Laboratory/Rome Research Site.
My present research is directed at secure networking technologies and at
this particular
time secure group communication which has become a pretty important topic to
a lot
of folks recently.

	I have been tasked with evaluating the reliability and functionality
of Secure Spread as an underlying conduit for some pretty hefty group
applications
such as VTC and the like.  I have been working with Spread and Secure Spread
since
last November to get a feel for how all the moving parts fit together and
have
gotten all the sample apps built and talking to each other.  I am just
starting
to develop an IRC type gui app with SSP as the transport.

	Hopefully I will be able to contribute something useful as I have seen done
on
the list already.

Frank