[Spread-users] Debian and FreeBSD packages

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Wed Dec 11 01:13:42 EST 2002

I'm happy to announce that the FreeBSD port of Spread 3.17.0 was just
corrected in the FreeBSD CVS tree, and it now builds properly and runs on
both 4-STABLE and 5-CURRENT.  All other things being equal, this means that
a binary package will be included in FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE.

I've also debianized Spread, although it is not in Debian itself (yet).
Appropriate APT sources.list entries are available from my site at
http://www.roughtrade.net/spread/ including binary and source packages.  I've
followed the Debian convention of fragmentation into separate daemon, library,
developer library, perl and java packages.

Joshua.