[Spread-users] configuration only using private IP addresses

이정수 integer at digitalwave.co.kr
Tue Aug 20 04:49:49 EDT 2002

I want to consist spread segment with 4 machine that only have private IP address.
So, I describe spread segment in the configuraion file as following.

-=-=-

Spread_Segment 225.0.1.1:4803 {
    ASM		192.1.1.253
    OMP		192.1.233
    TSM1	192.1.1.235
    TSM2           192.1.1.236
}

-=-=-

But, the configuration may not work. for example, I have failure in inter-daemon group messaging.
sometimes, blocking is occur when the application connect to a daemon.
(the configuration using broadcast also don't work)

Is it impossible to consist of spread segment only with private IP addresses?
or
Should I use reserved private address space(192.168.*.*)?
Is this the reason for fail? or any other reason?

Please, help me.

Thanks, in advance.

- Kevin Lee
- DigitalWave,Inc.