[Spread-users] Unique message id

Sam Liu yishengsam at yahoo.ca
Mon Aug 12 19:17:43 EDT 2002

yes, I see..., what do you mean "specify the service",
is that to let the application to take care of the
message id when sending messages in this service(as
Jonathan has mentioned)?

The primitive I am interested in is a service that can
let the message to be delivered before the order is
determined, after the definite order is determined, a
correction message only contains the message id will
be delivered to the application for order correction.
With this service, the execution of the group
communication layer can overlap with the application
layer, thus hiding the cost of group communication
behind the application execution, and thereby
achieving improvement without sacrificing performance.
Since the application has to compare the tentative
order and the definite order, a message id is needed
in this service.

For detail description, please refer "Processing
Transactions over Optimistic Atomic Broadcast
Protocols", written by Prof. Betinna Kemme.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Cheers,

yisheng