[Spread-users] members-only

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Aug 2 11:02:23 EDT 2002

> By moderated, I didn't want every post to be looked at by a person first
> I also didn't want to have anyone (even myself) selectively approving
> some messages but not others.
>
> However, every message that is trapped by mailman is sent to me and I
> approve any message that is not spam. So I have approved your posts as
> soon as I got them. (this one was delayed because I was on vacation at
> the beach for a week :-)) If I'm away from email more or can't keep up
> I'll add more people to check these messages, but right now it is no more
> then 1 message every few days.

Mailman supports multiple admins/moderators too.

And if someone on the list repeatedly posts from multiple addresses, a
list admin can add their alternate address to a list of non-member
addresses that are allowed to post without moderation.

As a list member, you can also take care of yourself: if you plan to
post from multiple addresses, you can subscribe each of those
addresses, and check the "Disable Delivery" option for all except one.