[Spread-users] problems getting started

Mike Dopheide dopheide at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 18 13:10:23 EDT 2002

I'm having problems getting spread to work and I assume it's probably
something very minor that I'm just not seeing.

I'm testing two spead daemons on the same network with a configuration
similar to the following:

Spread_Segment  192.168.1.255:4803 {

                machine1   192.168.1.2
                machine2   192.168.1.3
}

Both of the spread daemons appear to start up just fine.  Running spuser
on both machines I can connect, however, doing a "j test" doesn't result
in the expected message and the same is true for "s test" sending a test
message.  Essentially, it appears to be running just fine, but I don't see
any messages.

Note also, simple_user results in this error:
SP_error: (-2) Could not connect. Is Spread running?

But spread is obviously running because spuser can connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike