[Spread-users] INET unable to bind to port - force kill?

George Schlossnagle george at omniti.com
Thu Jul 26 17:50:02 EDT 2001

I'll let someone else comment on restarting spread, but you shouldn't ned to
restart apache.  mod_log_spread should try to connect (once) on every
request until it succeeds.
Errors that you see after the spread daemon is restarted are likely from
children who haven't yet served a request since the time of failure.  They
will attempt to multicast (to the now dead connection), fail, log an error,
attempt to reconnect, send the same message again (and this time succeed).

George