[Spread-users] contributions

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Wed Jul 25 22:39:09 EDT 2001

On Wednesday, July 25, 2001, at 10:21  PM, Daniel Rall wrote:
> Hello.  I've sent a few patches to this list, but I'm not entirely
> sure what the standard method of contribution to the Spread project
> is.  I'm hoping that somebody here can spare me a clue.

I think you are right on target :-)

> It would be great to have a "Getting Involved" secition on spread.org,
> with links to CVS repository (is there one?), etc. (similar to the way
> jakarta.apache.org does it).

There really isn't a document about that at this point.  Generally, I
think that writing to the list (just as you have been) is the way to go
about it at first.

Unfortunately, the head of the Spread project (Jonathan Stanton) and
most of the other core developers are all at a conference this week.
Don't think they are blowing you off... Just be patient.  I am sure that
your Java changes will be merged into the tree as soon as someone has a
chance.

I am the maintainer of the Spread.pm perl module.  I saw a typographical
correction fly by on the list about causal order not being "casual"
ordering.. :-)  I will fix that and put a new version up on CPAN soon.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/82844984/95FD 30F1 489E 4613 F22E  491A 7E88 364C 8284 4984