[Spread-users] Spread 4.4.0: Additional Information about the Accelerated Ring Protocol

Amy Babay babay at cs.jhu.edu
Thu May 29 10:35:16 EDT 2014

Hi all,

For anyone who is interested in learning more about the new Accelerated
Ring protocol introduced in the Spread 4.4.0 release, my Masters thesis
contains detailed information about the protocol.

My thesis includes a complete specification of the protocol, an analytical
model of its performance, and experimental performance results on 1-Gig
networks in both native and virtual environments and on 10-Gig networks. It
is available on my webpage: http://cnds.jhu.edu/~babay/pubs/MSE_thesis.pdf.

If you have any questions about the protocol or are interested in using it
in any of these environments, I'm happy to talk :)

Best,
Amy