[Spread-users] Running on android

Hauser, Wolfgang (external) Wolfgang.Hauser.external at cassidian.com
Fri May 17 04:40:07 EDT 2013

	Hello,

	We use the java client library in android to connect to a spread
daemon(running on linux), that works fine with 4.1 and higher java
library version.

	Also we compiled the spread daemon in android ndk and run it as
a background process. This was just a test and was not verified as fully
functional.

	So it may work in Android too, but imagine, that the android
kernel restricts the network access to specially authorized user groups.

	We disabled this feature while compiling the kernel.

	Regards
	Wolfgang Hauser