[Spread-users] Spread daemon ceases to work on mac, stuck processes

Johannes Wienke jwienke at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue May 7 06:44:41 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have a quite simple setup on a Mac running Mountain Lion with spread
4.1, where the spread operations stop to work after some time.

I have launched a spread daemon using the default configuration file and
then used a process to send events on that daemon without any clients.
After a few seconds the sending process blocks and also no new clients
can connect to the spread process before relaunching it. The sending
process might impose some good amount of load as image data are sent,
however I would expect a clear error message and not such a stuck
behavior. Any idea what is wrong here?

In order to provide some debugging hints I have enabled full debugging
of the daemon. The log can be found here:
http://disc.semipol.de/spread.log
I have stopped the spread process 3 or 4 seconds after the sending
process got stuck. At that time I also tried to connect a second client
which got stuck, too, until spread was killed.

Cheers,
Johannes