[Spread-users] Miss files when compiling spread-src-4.3.0

Yair Amir yairamir at cs.jhu.edu
Mon Jun 17 14:13:02 EDT 2013

Hi,

You are correct - indeed there is a difference on Ubuntu that does not appear
on the other Linux distributions we are using or on Mac. That difference breaks
the spmonitor build (but not the Spread daemon as far as I see).

For now, here is how it can be fixed: change the spmonitor build line on the daemon
makefile from:

spmonitor$(EXEEXT): $(MONITOR_OBJS) $(LIBSPREADUTIL_DIR)/lib/libspread-util.a
         $(LD) -o $@ $(LDFLAGS) $(MONITOR_OBJS) $(LIBS) $(LIBSPREADUTIL_DIR)/lib/libspread-util.a

to:

spmonitor$(EXEEXT): $(MONITOR_OBJS) $(LIBSPREADUTIL_DIR)/lib/libspread-util.a
         $(LD) -o $@ $(LDFLAGS) $(MONITOR_OBJS) $(LIBSPREADUTIL_DIR)/lib/libspread-util.a $(LIBS)

Cheers,

	:) Yair.