[Spread-users] port limitation to int16

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Mon Aug 12 12:20:16 EDT 2013

I doubt we will do a maintenance release just for this patch.

However, I expect that the next minor version of Spread won't be too far off.  If continued testing proves the experimental version from the folks at JHU is good and stable, then we'll likely incorporate that into the mainline in the not too distant future and do a new minor release that would include this patch.

Cheers!

-----
John Lane Schultz
Spread Concepts LLC
Cell: 443 838 2200

On Aug 8, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Johannes Wienke wrote:

Hi

On 08/08/2013 04:40 PM, John Schultz wrote:
> Looks like we had roughly the same idea! :)
>
> I think changing the underlying types that hold ports is probably safer because if somewhere someone does:
>
> int16u port;

> printf("%d", port);
>
> I think C does the right thing.

Thanks for the patch.

Right, I missed the two other definitions of port. It works well now.

Will there be a maintenance release including this patch?

Cheers,
Johannes