[Spread-users] port limitation to int16

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Wed Aug 7 09:30:47 EDT 2013

Can you refer to the offending lines?  A cursory look at the code didn't seem to reject ports >= 2^15.

Cheers!

-----
John Lane Schultz
Spread Concepts LLC
Cell: 443 838 2200

On Aug 7, 2013, at 7:34 AM, Johannes Wienke wrote:

Dear all,

what is the reason that the port range for the spread client library is
limited to 32768? As far as I can tell, all operating systems allow
ports up to number 65535. Also, the spread daemon it self perfectly
handles ports above 32768 as can be seen with e.g. netstat on linux.

In my current case this restriction of spread causes troubles in our
continuous integrations setup with jenkins, where we use the port
allocator plugin to get unique port numbers for the individual tests.
Unfortunately, the plugin usually generates ports above 32000.

Cheers,
Johannes