[Spread-users] write(): java.net.SocketException

wugeoffrey wu.geoffrey at live.cn
Mon Nov 5 16:25:29 EST 2012

Hi Shawn,I am not a spread developer but an user.
Sounds like something wrong with socket in bad condition like writing data while connection is lost. I think spread is not  supposed for typical bad network conditions like mobile wireless and TCP reliable connection makes thing even worse. It does not handle the exception in a good manner. Centos 5.5 has an old Linux Kernel with probably old network modules I guess.I would try something:1, Try to launch spread in a latest Ubuntu distribution and see if the issue is still there.2, Try to upgrade Java.3, Try C++ API, check if it behaves the same and it would give you more information. 4, Try to handle write and read in a bad conditions in your own way.
BRPeng Wu