[Spread-users] write(): java.net.SocketException

Shawn Bradford shawnb at mojix.com
Mon Nov 5 15:03:45 EST 2012

Hello,

We are currently using spread and have found this error occurring quite
frequently. Unfortunately there is little information on write() errors to
be found on the net (many more read() errors).

*spread.SpreadException: write(): java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
*

Would someone be able to describe what would be a potential issue causing
this?  I am looking for some guidance as to the source of the error (maybe
from a developer) to assist in debugging the error.

We have tried to write several test apps to replicate the bug but have been
unsuccessful.  Our system is quite large with many moving parts and it is
unclear as to what sequence of events are causing the errors.

We are using spread 4.1 on 64 bit centos 5.5.

Thanks in advance,
##Shawn

*--
------------------------------
*  Director Software | Mojix Inc.
  phone : +1.562.221.3474
  email : shawn.bradford at mojix.com
  web : www.mojix.com

Unless expressly identified to the contrary herein, this email and any
attachments contain  and constitute confidential and  proprietary
material  and information for the sole use of the intended recipient. If
you are not the intended recipient or otherwise received this e-mail in
error, please (i) immediately delete this email and any attachments, print
outs and copies of the foregoing and (ii) please notify me immediately by
responding to this e-mail message.

*