[Spread-users] Fwd: about spread multicast the message

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Wed Mar 14 13:41:09 EDT 2012

From: xuansheng mo <moxuansheng at gmail.com>
Date: March 14, 2012 11:35:05 AM EDT
To: John Schultz <jschultz at spreadconcepts.com>
Subject: Re: [Spread-users] about spread multicast the message

hello:
    The reason is firewall configuration between m1 and m2. The security policy in m2 and it doesn't receive the mulicast message.
   Now all works well, enjoying.

   Thanks!

2012/3/12 John Schultz <jschultz at spreadconcepts.com>
The daemons are not forming a membership together for some reason.

It could be that you have asymmetric communication in your network where m2's traffic can get to m1 but not m1's traffic doesn't get to m2.  That could be caused by firewalls or misconfiguration of multicast in your network.

Alternatively, their configuration files may be different, although it is not apparent from your email's text, such that they compute different configuration hashes and, therefore, refuse to acknowledge each other's existence.  Try using the exact same configuration file (i.e. - copy it from one host to the other) for both daemons.

When you start the two daemons, if things are working properly, then after a short while they should print out that they've formed a membership with one another.  If they don't and instead print out singleton memberships, then the likely culprit is one of the above issues.

Cheers!

-----
John Lane Schultz
Spread Concepts LLC