[Spread-users] Ported SpreadModule to python 3

Johannes Wienke jwienke at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Jan 1 11:10:11 EST 2011

Hey,

I've created a patched version of the python spread module [1] which
compiles and works on python 3 [2].

I've switched all python strings to python bytes because this better
reflects the underlying API of spread and there is no consistent way to
convert bytes to strings and vice versa without assuming an encoding.

Except for am toy example and the unit tests, I did not do much more
testing. And I did not check the code on windows.

I hope this helps one or the other.

Is there a more formal way how to maintain this code than sending links
to unversioned tarballs?

Regards,
Johannes

[1] http://www.spread.org/files/SpreadModule-1.5spread4.tgz