[Spread-users] int16 and int32 declaration conflict

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Tue Aug 30 10:27:38 EDT 2011

MAX_SEGMENTS defines how many spread segments (i.e. - LANs) you can have in a configuration.

MAX_PROCS_SEGMENT defines how many spread daemons you can have in one segment (i.e. - a LAN).  Typically though, a configuration will only be stable if you keep the # of daemons less than 60 or so.

Typically, a single daemon (e.g. - Linux) can handle hundreds of clients.  I think the #define is something like MAX_FD_EVENTS.

The bigger problem you will have with such a large group is that the memberships won't fit in a single message.  I'm not sure what Spread will do in that case even if you turn off membership reporting for all your clients.

Cheers!

-----
John Lane Schultz
Spread Concepts LLC