[Spread-users] Spread over a VPN connection

Goran Hasse gorhas at gmail.com
Wed May 12 03:55:25 EDT 2010

I am experimenting with spread over a VPN link. I got the
system to talk to one another with a configuration like:

Spread_Segment 225.0.1.1:4802 {
        sys2 10.8.0.6 {
        10.8.0.6
        }
        sys1 10.8.0.1 {
        10.8.0.1
        }
}

And adding a route for the multicast addresses

route add -net 225.0.0.0/8 gw 10.8.0.5 dev tun0

And symetrically on the other side. The the two machines talk to one another.

My configuration is like:

-------+--------------------+-------------
        |  demo2         |  eth0 (192.5.36.29)  demo1
     +---+              +-----+                               +-------+
     |     |              |       |                                |        |
     +----+             +------+                              +-------+
                              | tun0 (10.8.0.1)  sys1         | tun0
(10.8.0.6) - sys2

If I now try to add a segment on eth0 (192.5.36.29)

Spread_Segment 192.5.36.31:4802 {
       demo1  192.5.36.29
       demo2  192.5.36.28
}

Spread stops sending over the tun-interfaces.

Am i missing something essential? Or is this a bugg in spread?

gorhas at gmail.com
Mob: 070-5530148