[Spread-users] Spread communication between Linux and Windows

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at spread.org
Fri Mar 26 09:23:55 EDT 2010

Great.

It is possible to raise the size of the group names if you need to and Spread
should work with those larger names. If you search the mailing list you should
find several posts about raising the limits, and as long as you are running a
recent version I don't think there are any bugs with it. There is a requirement
that the MAX_GROUP_NAME = 2+ MAX_PROC_NAME + MAX_PRIVATE_NAME.

You also have to make sure you increase it in both the client headers (sp.h) and the
internal server headers (spread_params.h).

Jonathan Stanton         jonathan at spread.org
Spread Group Messaging   www.spread.org
Spread Concepts LLC      www.spreadconcepts.com