[Spread-users] Did spread daemon support run on multi interface?

john xu xujohnmango at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 05:08:16 EST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to use spread in a HA environment.

Here exist two hosts, we can name it as A and B, for each host it have two
NICs, and have following IP address assignment.

Host A:
   NIC1: 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0
   NIC2: 10.0.0.1/255.0.0.0

Host B:
   NIC1: 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0
   NIC2: 10.0.0.2/255.0.0.0

I am using below configuration

Spread_Segment  192.158.0.255:4803 {
    A  192.168.0.1 {
        192.168.0.1
        10.0.0.1
    }
    B  192.168.0.2 {
        192.168.0.2
        10.0.0.2
    }
}

I start spread daemon in both server, then plug the NIC1 of host A(or host
B), I found the spread split into two partitions.  My expectation is spread
DO NOT change it's membership and send all messages by the online NIC to
other nodes for both hosts still can reach each other via 10.10.10.x
network.

Is my configuration error or spread do not support one daemon with multiple
nic?(from source code, it looks like the spread daemon will only send these
package in the NIC interface).

Any advice appreciate!

Thanks,
John