[Spread-users] Spread scaling

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Tue Mar 9 11:03:43 EST 2010

Richard Maxwell <rmaxkc at yahoo.com> writes:
> Basically at around 1000 (1k) messages being written to the message
> queue and those messages being read from the queue I get an exception
> that forces the connection closed.  I read on the web someplace that
> spread is compiled with a limit of 1000 messages.  I have not been
> able to find the post I saw with that information.

Are you certain that those messages have actually been taken off the
queue?

When I ran into problems, it was because the queue would only queue 1000
messages, and I didn't have a reader pulling entries off the queue.
(Second order problem: I *did* have a reader, but the writer was
flooding it with more messages than it could cope with.)

You could increase the memory space used for the queue, thereby
increasing the number of messages queueable, but if that merely means
you shift the problem 30 seconds down the road, it's not a particularly
useful solution.
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
Christopher Browne