[Spread-users] Spread scaling

Richard Maxwell rmaxkc at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 08:07:52 EST 2010

Hello,

I have written an application that uses Spread to process transactions
generated from a call from a MySQL stored procedure in another
application.  The stored procedure places the message on a queue via
the message_api-1.0beta5 libmessage.so shared library.

The application works fine with one exception.  Right around 1000
messages being sent by spread the receiving application (scala)
receives an exception message that spread disconnected.  This causes
no more messages to be received.

I have read on the internet other people have written applications
that receive hundreds of thousands of messages without any problems.
I haven’t done any configuration changes to spread.  I just use the
defaults that come with it.

I am hoping there are some simple changes that can be done to
eliminate this problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Richard

Sent from my iPhone