[Spread-users] Spread and Networking
fast.failover at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 11:36:56 EDT 2010
I'm currently investing Spread vs JGroups vs Hazelcast, and had some
questions on Spread and networking.
I'm trying to provide some HA/redundancy to my application by mandating that
all nodes in the cluster, running this application should have multiple
NICs, each NIC connected to a completely different network (e.g. NIC1 on
network 10.1.3.*, NIC2 on network 172.16.1.*). This way, if one of the
networks go up in flames, there are redundant networks available to route
1. Does Spread support this kind of network failover configuration?
2. In the case of a network fault (e.g. bad NIC, bad router), is there a way
to configure Spread so that it will failover communications to a working
interface on a given node?
3. Given the following network configuration, would all Spread nodes be able
to see each other:
- 1. Three nodes (node1, node2, and node3) in the cluster
- 2. node2 has two NICs (each on a different network)
- 3. node1 and node2 are connected through one network (e.g 10.1.3.*)
- 4. node2 and node3 are connected through a totally different
network (e.g 172.16.1.*)
Or is it a requirement that each Spread node should be reachable through the
network from all other Spread nodes?
Thanks in Advance!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Spread-users