[Spread-users] Membership message vs regular message

Guo, Yanchao Yanchao.Guo at sac.com
Fri Feb 19 05:34:29 EST 2010

Thanks Yair. Some comments:

1: So you are saying that if the group_membership is set to 1, then the
publisher don't have to join the group to receive the membership
message?
2: I depoly my server outside my LAN and client inside my LAN. To test
the failure detection, I tried two things:
	a: pull out the network cable from the machine that my client is
running on. In this case, both server and client is not able to receive
any notification, but we I put in the cable, I received all the messages
published in that interval;
	b: I reset the gateway of my LAN. In this case, client doesn't
receive any notification. I can't check my server as I lost all ssh
session.

	In both cases, do you expect spread to detect the failure? In
general, how to track the failure? I am tracking the
Is_caused_network_mess messsage, is that the right way?

Thanks.
Yanchao