[Spread-users] SPREAD in c#

Shashank Yaduvanshi hyaduvanshi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 11:29:35 EDT 2009

Hi,
I am trying to use SPREAD in C#(Developed by Darin Peshev) to develop
a sample application. I just downloaded cspread.zip and unzipped it. I
then, created a new c# project and wrote the following:

namespace spread
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
          SpreadConnection spcon=new SpreadConnection();
          spcon.Connect("4803 at localhost", 4803, "User", false, false);

        }
    }
}

This on running gives the following error:
Socket(): System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A non-recoverable error
occurred during a database lookup
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
   at spread.SpreadConnection.Connect(String address, Int32 port,
String user, Boolean priority, Boolean groupMembership)

What I am doing wrong? I am also not sure what the port number should be?
Thanks
Shashank Yaduvanshi
B.Tech, Computer Science Department,
I.I.T. Delhi, India