[Spread-users] SpreadException: spread.SpreadException: Connection closed while reading header

Michael Di Stefano mdistefano at integrasoftware.com
Sat Nov 28 13:51:38 EST 2009

Hi

I am testing my application for error conditions and purposefully
killing the spread server.  There is no message activity, the
application is just sitting listening for a message.   (I am using a
Basic Message Listener)

When I kill the server I get

     SpreadException: spread.SpreadException: Connection closed while
reading header

printed to standard out.   I do not seem to be able to find where this
exception is being thrown/printed and where to catch the exception so I
can exit my program.

My environment is

   --- spread server is running on a MAC
   --- Application is a written in Java using spread-4.0.0.jar

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks

Michael