[Spread-users] Order of members in vs_sets

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Tue Mar 31 11:30:18 EDT 2009

For membership messages, I believe the "groups" parameter, which is actually
the membership list in this case, is sorted by daemon name first and then by
client name thereafter.  So, all the members from the first daemon will be
listed first in alphabetical order, and then the clients from the second
daemon and so on.

I *think* the daemon names are also sorted by strcmp, but I'm not 100% sure.
They could be listed the order of the daemons in the configuration file
instead, for example.  I would need to look at the code.

For regular messages, the groups parameter is probably not sorted at all but
rather is simply whatever the originating client passed in as the groups
parameter.  Again, I'd need to look at the code to be sure.

Cheers!

---
John Lane Schultz
Spread Concepts LLC