[Spread-users] Introducing myself

Peter Poeml poeml at suse.de
Wed Jun 10 07:41:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am considering using Spread for openSUSE infrastructure, and as a
start I thought it would be a good idea to start with creating packages.

Thus, I have started packaging spread in the openSUSE build service.
Packages are here
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/poeml/
and I actually updated them to the 4.0.1 release candidate today.

I'm primarily interested in mod_log_spread, and that's what I plan to
look into later. However, spread also sounds interesting to tie together
other things, maybe there's more to discover.

For now, I try to find my way around through the code releases, which
don't seem to match what's published on the web site(s) very well.
By Google, I found Jordan Mendlers packages, and worked my way from
there.

I am packaging version 4 for now, but I'm not sure yet whether the
existing applications are already ported and whether a spread3 package
would be needed. I found Python bindings from 2005 for instance, and the
release notes say there are for spread 3x. I'm curious :-)

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development