[Spread-users] Does spread scale to 200 nodes for very low volume usage?

Leonard Cuff lcuff at valueclick.com
Thu Jul 2 13:56:31 EDT 2009

I¹m evaluating various technologies for reliable peer to peer communication.
My scenario is that I have about 200 nodes, but the data rate is very small:
5 or 10 Kbytes per hour.
The nodes are on a gigabit switched local net.  The user¹s manual for spread
mentions the number 30 for a max number of nodes. Is this correct/current?
Does it make a difference that my data rate is so small?

If spread isn¹t appropriate, do people have advice on what other
technologies are appropriate. (Homogenous linux environment).

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Leonard

--

Leonard Cuff
lcuff at valueclick.com

³This email and any files included with it may contain privileged,
proprietary and/or confidential information that is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s).  Any disclosure, copying, distribution, posting, or
use of the information contained in or attached to this email is prohibited
unless permitted by the sender.  If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify the sender via return e-mail, telephone, or fax
and destroy this original transmission and its included files without
reading or saving it in any manner. Thank you.²