[Spread-users] Random disconnecting of clients by daemon

Stradling, Joseph W joseph.w.stradling at lmco.com
Fri Aug 28 17:58:53 EDT 2009

Thanks John and Alexey.  I figured it was some sort of buffering issue.
My test was actually a benchmarking test, not typical use.  I wanted to
see how far I could push Spread and so far I have been pleasantly
surprised.

One question about the underlying communications method.  Does spread
actually multicast between daemons, or is it doing TCP.  I read in the
documentation that as a performance feature spread multicasts between
daemons on the same segment, is this correct?  Also, does Spread do TCP
or Multicast between daemons on different segments?

Thanks,

Joe