[Spread-users] Random disconnecting of clients by daemon

Alexey Zakhlestin indeyets at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 15:34:41 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Stradling, Joseph
W<joseph.w.stradling at lmco.com> wrote:

> I’m running some tests with Spread at a very high throughput rate (71 Mbps)
> with messages which are 1024 bytes in size.  After running my test for 20
> minutes or so, the daemon will disconnect me ( I Get the return value
> CONNECTION_CLOSED, when I call SP_receive() )
>
> Is this a buffer issue?

Most likely it is. We saw the similiar problem, when our client wasn't
able to manage it's load fast enough.
Spread forcefully disconnects clients after their queue becomes larger
than constant (I don't remember the name, sorry, but you can find it
in mailing-list archives)

--
Alexey Zakhlestin
http://www.milkfarmsoft.com/