[Spread-users] Spread segment faulting

Dan D Niles dan at more.net
Tue Sep 16 16:17:50 EDT 2008

I have two different spread clusters, each with 5 members.  I've seen
this a number of times, on both clusters.  Spread version 3.17.4 running
on FreeBSD 6 and 7.

Something gets corrupted somewhere, and spread will not stay running.
The only thing I see is a log message:

Sep 15 14:58:53 host1 kernel: pid 5996 (spread), uid 1001: exited on
signal 11

The only way I've found to fix the problem is to stop all of the spread
daemons in the cluster and then restart.

This happened again yesterday. I turned on debugging before restarting
the entire cluster.  Attached is the debug output.