[Spread-users] spread 4.0rc2, C and multithreading

jabe at gfz-potsdam.de jabe at gfz-potsdam.de
Mon Mar 3 05:57:34 EST 2008

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 09:26:14 Jan wrote:
> > Jan,
> >
> > Thanks for the tip.  Your example looks like it should work.  I'll
> > investigate and see if I can reproduce your behavior and debug it.
>
> I have investigated some more work into this and at the end it shows that
> linking against the spread singlethreading library (I think its called
> libspread-core) works. The multithreading version of spread shows the
> behaviour as described in my previous post.

After some time I discovered some problems using libspread-core in a
multithreaded environment so I have to use libtspread-core. I patched the
spread source to fix the bug described in my first post. The patch is
attached and seems to resolve this issue.

I would appreciate a bugfix release to not include a fix-branch of spread in
my distribution itself.

BTW, does anyone know why no distribution includes spread 4 up to now? Are
there any reasons for that?

Regards,
Jan