[Spread-users] Regarding Group masking

Gurvinder Singh gurvindersinghdahiya at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 09:08:15 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to make and DHCP-like service through spread for a lab, i am
wondering if there is any method through which we can make to get reply
from one of the server out of server group, it can be any and not the
same always. like client request for ip address from the server group,
client will get only one ip and if all the server will receive the
message as it is in general with connection.multicast(msg). so all of
them try to reply to client. i am asking is there any other method to
communicate like in other group communication system Jgroup we have
keyword @Anycast in which only one of the server will reply not all. i
will appreciate any help in this regard.

Gurvinder,