[Spread-users] Perl and Spread 4.0.0

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Thu Feb 28 10:27:10 EST 2008

The Perl libraries's official source is in CPAN. You can find the version there at:

http://search.cpan.org/~jesus/Spread/Spread.pm

I'm glad it seems to be working with the new 4.0.0 library code, but we didn't want to include it in
the official distribution since the version we had was not updated and we were not able to test it
fully ourselves to make sure it still worked completely with 4.0.0.

Most of the Spread api did not change at all between 3 and 4, so wrapper libraries would still mostly
(entirely) work, but we did add some new apis to support the enhanced membership messages that 4.0
delivers and so that might necessitate changes to a wrapper library. I did notice that
there is a developer release version 108 available on CPAN that was updated around the release of 4.0,
so that might have full support.

Theo Schlossnagle (the author of the Perl module) might be able to comment better about it's support
for 4.0

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science