[Spread-users] Spread daemon crashing

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Thu Feb 14 11:51:59 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 01:13:43PM +0100, Witold Kręcicki wrote:
> Thursday 14 February 2008 08:02:46 napisałeś(-łaś):
> > The first change (to MAX_SCATTER_ELEMENTS) is one of the known ways of
> > supporting large messages and has been used in the past by a number of
> > people, so I wouldn't expect it to cause problems.
> What are there other ways?

To take large application messages and split them into lots of smaller Spread messages. A
few people (including us) have written small libraries that do this automatically. There
is a java class that was posted to the list MMSpreadConnection that does this
automatically.

http://www.spread.org/pipermail/spread-users/2003-March/001312.html

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu