[Spread-users] shutdown and restart (clean and unclean)

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Wed Dec 3 13:17:20 EST 2008

We recently had a problem that resulted in a machine going down. When it came back up spread did not
restart because the file /tmp/4803 already existed (we're using SocketPortReuse, but I don't know if
that makes any difference or not).

So a couple of questions to help us fix this: First, does any one have an init script for spread
that they use that that can take care of a lingering /tmp/4803 file? Second, how do we ensure that
spread removes the /tmp/4803 file? Sending it a kill signal stops spread, but leaves that file around.

Thanks

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP