[Spread-users] problem trying to msgs to multiple spread instances

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Sun Aug 17 02:14:51 EDT 2008

I vaguely recall that there is some option to allow running multiple daemons on the same machine for local testing purposes. I can't recall the exact details and I'm not sure if it will work for general deployment purposes.

Maybe Jonathan or Yair can chime in on that.

Normally, I don't think you can run multiple daemons on the same IP address, although I could be wrong.  I think Spread internally uses each daemon's IP address as the unique identifier for it (w/o its associated port).  Therefore, running different daemons with the same IP address in the same configuration will probably not work.

You can have multiple disjoint configurations running on the same machines (on different ports).  However, these different configurations, by definition, will not communicate with one another.

Cheers!
John

---
John Lane Schultz